VOMWD conducts a multitude of water quality tests a year to assure high water quality and regulatory compliance. The tests include:
- Physical (color, odor, clarity, temperature)
- Microbiological (bacteriological)
- Chemical (minerals, metals, salts, and similar chemicals)
- Radiological (Gross alpha, beta, strontium 90, tritium, radon)
- Organic Chemicals (herbicides, pesticides, industrial chemicals, and endocrine disrupters)
Tests are conducted from source water to faucet. This includes testing at the inlet and outlet of the wells, at key locations in the distribution system, and some at customer’s taps. Some of the tests that VOMWD performs are required by state or federal regulation.